This week has been interesting....
So last Monday was probably the most wild one ever. Four of us elders went fishing in the St. John's river behind an investigator's house. We missed the prime time, but decided to stick around anyway. The other elders were using poles, but I wasn't actually in the mood for fishing or catching anything, so I just decided just to learn how to toss this net that is used for catching bait shrimp. On my second cast, I caught a small fish, and by the end of the evening, I was getting good enough with it, that I had caught three decent size sea trout while none of the other elders had caught anything. Hahaha! Take that! The vegetarian guy who hasn't fished in 12 years is the only one who catches any fish! Elder Day ended up chopping up one of my fish for bait and caught a very large blue crab with it. He was reeling it in and was pretty surprised, "I think I caught something, but it's not fighting very much......What on earth is that?!" Lol, the crab wouldn't let go though, so he reeled it in and put it in a bucket to give to someone who could use it.
Now that daylight savings time is over, it gets dark really early here and we have to flick on our bike lights every evening. That same night after we were done with P-day, we were biking on a sidewalk down near the end of our area and were making good time. This car came to pull out of a gas station that we were passing and then stopped before pulling out onto the road, so I figured it had seen me and continued through. Two seconds later I hear a screech and then a loud crunch. Turns out, the gal had not been paying much attention and smunched Elder Fuller pretty good, but thankfully didn't actually run him over. His bike and her car were both pretty messed up though. Lol, you have to know Elder Fuller, but this was so like him - he pulled himself up on her hood and gave her the thumbs up while she was still freaking out behind the wheel. Turns out she's a college student about our age, and had some interest that she'd just hit two ministers, and we may end up teaching her in the near future. I figure God works in mysterious ways to bring people into our path. =)
Hmmm, ah yes, this inactive member was piddling around in his shop when we dropped by to see him and he was in the middle of creating a collection of handmade wood/gold pens. He saw our pens (my 20 cent Bic variety) and said, "You boys need new pens" and gave us both these very glassy pens made of gold and dark wood. I must admit, it looks a lot better than a black and white plastic one. :) It writes about the same though.
On the serious side of things, we are still praying for miracles and doing all we can to find new people. We did see one occur with an Albanian family. We met them while leaving the apartment of a part member and had a really positive interaction. We got back home and told our roommate about it and wonder of wonders, he just happened to have a single, hardcover copy of the Book of Mormon in Albanian at home. We were able to place that with them this past weekend and are have high hopes with them.
Well, the computer is going to oust me off in 35 seconds, so I'd better send this. I love you all!
Elder M.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.