Monday, November 21, 2011

Elder McKay

Mom,

You're right; there is no need to worry about us going hungry on Thanksgiving. I think we're up to 5 or 6 different appointments on that day with members already. Urgh....I'll have to keep myself to a single green bean at once place, maybe a roll at another appointment, a salad at another, and then a piece of pie or something so that it all turns out to be a well rounded meal instead of physically exploding. =P

Unfortunately, the gal who smunched my companion ended up avoiding us once we tried to setup an appointment. Lol, she did try to get a date with Elder Fuller though, so he had to explain our restrictions and tell her what we as missionaries are all about. Oh well, there are elect and prepared people in this pond of tens of thousands that he and I have stewardship over -- now we just need to rely on God to help us cross paths with them.

I've learned a great truth: 1) the Spirit speaks better than I do. 2) the scriptures are written by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. 3) reading selections of the scriptures with people is giving them those words from the Spirit which is equivalent to teaching with the Spirit. Or at least, that's what I've determined after this week. We've been able to see several miracles and set 3 people on baptismal dates after simply listening to them and then reading selections of the Book of Mormon with them that felt right. What do you know - it works!

I saw an alligator for the first time since coming to Florida in April! It probably took so long since I've been in the city the whole time, but we spotted one in a swampy creek that we were biking over. He was only about three feet long, but it was still pretty cool. I dunno, it's just very different here. Instead of the usual deer on the side of the road, we have squished armadillos and dead possums everywhere with the occasional raccoon and turtle thrown in. Swamp Life.

It's hard to believe that Jesse Richardson is home, Preston Coburn is getting married, and Peter Olsen is over the hump. I still remember back when those kids were all in middle school! Gah! I'm old....

I'll close with these choice words that you can give to the family: Happy Thanksgiving, Ya'll!

Your Southern Son,
"Elda Mac"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.