Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Elder Ben

Family and Friends,
What Manti won the football championship! This is just crazy! I think Manti sports have been moving up. Way to go.

Nice to hear that Daniel had a pretty good support group to watch him run. It sounds like his team still did pretty good even if they didn't go to nationals

Has it already been a year since Teyah was born? I guess that would make since because it is November.....that means that Peter Olsen has been on his mission for a year also....time is just flying by.

Well today was transfer day so that is why I'm emailing a day later. Turns out that I go from my first companion for over 4 months to getting my 2nd and 3rd companion all in on day! That's right I'm in a trio. Every single companionship of Spanish elders was switched up this transfer (not that that is a lot only 4 companionship's) but this is the first move that we have made since I have been out here. Elders were even taken out of one area and had Hermanas white washed into it, just a huge mix up. We have 9 Spanish elders, so last transfer one guy was with an English elder, turns out this time President wanted to try having a trio instead. I am still in the same area that I have been. one of my new companions was here in this area right before I came out so he already knows the area and most of the members. My companions are now Elder Wagner from Salt Lake City, and Elder Henderson from Ogden. I have only been with them for about 2 hours so don't know to much else about them. My zone has been in the past like what McKay's is now, with not many people leaving. Today I think about half of them left though so we will be seeing a lot of new missionaries.
We had a Spanish Conference last week that was pretty great. Every other transfer everyone in the Spanish program gets together for training and then we have a lunch after. Since there are only about 24 of us it is easy to organize and get together. Elder Wilkins went all out for the lunch and bought over 6 pounds of carne asada, everyone seemed to love it though and he wants to continue it as a tradition

This week we had to take both of our on dates off date. One of them is moving out of our area, but still staying in the mission. The other one has to get married before her baptism (and wants to get married), but it just wasn't going to happen in the next couple of weeks. We plan to continue to work with her for a baptismal date later on

Last week was great weather! We were seeing about a week of temperatures in the 60's then last Saturday we had a cold snap and I think winter is finally upon us. I am finally just having to bring out my coat for the winter

Well I have to go
Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.