Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Elder McKay

Good Morning, Family!

I agree with Benj, the mission is absolutely the best way to ensure that you are never bored! Not only do we have all sorts of exciting, scary, spiritual, and funny experiences, but just about every day has a fair supply of awkward moments! I've never had someone in the house almost die on me during a lesson though, so I think my younger brother has topped me....for now. =)

So guess what - miracles do happen! The day after Elder Fuller got the call to be a trainer this next transfer, I asked God if He knew what He was doing, and told Him I'd really like to keep this companion for a while, if it was ok with Him. Wonder of wonders, that very evening President Barry called up Elder Fuller in the middle of a dinner with a member and told him to scrap that. Some elder here was going home for some emergency, and the new elder will be shuffled in with someone else. Tadaa! Needless to say, I was fairly happy. Transfer calls came around again Saturday night and oddly enough, almost our entire zone is staying - one sister is going home and one being transferred out - but I have heard of a zone being that poorly represented at a transfer.

Well, I have a confession to make. That goal of 4x4 that I told you about last week is extremely lofty and there is no chance we can do it without some serious miracles occurring and a lot of help from the members. I have so far had 2 baptisms and 3 reactivations during my entire stay in this work and so expecting twice that in the next two months is pretty bold and right now we don't really have any investigators to put behind that goal. However, we presented it in ward council yesterday and got the elders quorum, high priests, relief society, and bishop on board with it and they threw out a bunch of ideas and names for us to follow up on. We also have 3 member families that have friends that they want us to start teaching in their homes in the next week or two, so we're praying hard for some Spiritual Power to sweep these people into the gospel.

I look forward to seeing those pictures from Benji's Halloween getup; make sure those get forwarded to me! =D Our ward had a massive chili cook off, bonfire, and trunk or treat that people came out of the woodwork to attend. I don't think I knew half the people there, but it was a lot of fun and we got a couple of investigators to attend as well. We've been eating various chili's for the past week though since the members always pawn their extra food off on us. I don't think I've eaten this well on a regular basis since I left home 5 years ago.... Hopefully you won't need to send me larger pants for Christmas or anything. =P

Your stories surrounding the Sawtelle wedding were quite amusing. I can't believe Mike split his pants out twice! Lol, who does that? But it sounds like a marvelous occasion all around and a wonderful vacation for the Howell crew. I'll catch those Facebook videos someday.

This week has been cold; at least, relatively speaking. We started wearing jackets for the first time on Wednesday night. The thermometer says it is still 55-60 degrees, but it feels a lot cooler than that. I'm not sure if it's just the humidity factor or if I've just adjusted to living in a sweltering sauna through the summer, but I'm going to have to find some gloves or something soon.

Well, wish me luck as we work into this next week - we're gonna need it!

Love,

Elder M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.