Monday, December 10, 2012

Wynelle's Baptism in FL

Hello Family!

Time is super short this week - when we originally got on to email a couple hours ago, all of Google Mail was down so we had to come back.

Wynelle was baptized this last weekend!  This is now the second person in their 70s that I've taught who was baptized.  People are NEVER to old to change/repent and learn the gospel.  It was great though, we had a lot of people involved in fellowshipping her and she asked a member friend to baptize her.  Doesn't get better than that!

Unfortunately, Satan is attacking us viciously yet again and we had scores of investigators drop us this weekend.  We had at least 10 families (less active, recent convert, or investigators) that we were working with who were seriously ill this week as well and it's apparently making its way around the city.  So we're almost all the way back at ground zero with not much of a teaching pool again.  Great thing about this work is that there's rarely a dull moment and it's always a challenge!

We have the mission Christmas conference coming up this week and Elder Bishop and I are throwing together a fun little skit.  I think we're doing a missionary/Christmas version of Josh Groban's "You Are Loved"....or something to that effect.  Lol, it's still a work in progress, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

I wouldn't say I pick up Spanish quickly - I think just enough of the words are similar enough to the English equivalent that I can make the connection in my mind when someone is talking about familiar topics.  Such as the gospel. I do look forward to picking up more of it though!  I've wanted to my whole mission and this just might be the opportunity I've needed.

Congratulations to Sarah on the wedding this weekend!  I know she's probably way to busy to read this, but all the same, I wish her well with the matrimony thing.  Isn't Chelsea engaged for sometime this month too?

Mom, I do not miss snow in the slightest. I don't have to worry about my fingers, nose, and toes freezing and falling off for all but maybe 2-3 weeks in January instead of 3-4 months in Utah.  I was thinking of taking a picture by the pool in our apartment complex with the green grass and palm trees waving in the background, but then it started raining, so I'll wait till a sunny day when it's 70 degrees again before I send you that sampling of how great the winters are down here.   =D

Photos of the week: Wynell's baptism.  Bah Humbug! (early mornings with ugly Christmas sweaters)

Love ya'll
Elder M.

Inline image 1


Inline image 2

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
Reply Reply All Forward Forward
WelcomeInboxNewFoldersMail Options
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.