Family,
I am happy to hear that the warm weather stayed for so long in Utah.
It now sounds like winter has finally set in for you. It hasn't snowed over here yet and I hope that it doesn't (we don't get to use our car in the snow, and covering a whole zone on foot isn't too convenient). We do, of course, see rain most of the days though. Ummmm, have no idea if I will be skyping on Christmas. I haven't given it too much thought. I don't think anyone even has skype in our branch except for the branch president. We will see what happens.
It now sounds like winter has finally set in for you. It hasn't snowed over here yet and I hope that it doesn't (we don't get to use our car in the snow, and covering a whole zone on foot isn't too convenient). We do, of course, see rain most of the days though. Ummmm, have no idea if I will be skyping on Christmas. I haven't given it too much thought. I don't think anyone even has skype in our branch except for the branch president. We will see what happens.
Jake, I loved your photos! Both were epic!
This week has been crazy! Last Tuesday we had a great training for
all of the new missionaries and trainers at Mercer Island
with President Larkin. A full day packed to the brim with spirituality
beyond belief. I think everyone left that meeting having a stronger
sense to do the work with all their heart, might, mind, and strength.
Early that morning we felt like after the meeting we needed to go tract
in a an area of our zone that we haven't been to recently. It
is towards the very top and literally takes about 30 minutes by car to
get there so we are not able to make it very often. After the training
meeting we took the short cut across Mercer Island to get there fast.
We were in the area driving, not really knowing the exact street we were
needed on that day. All of a sudden, I saw an apartment building out
of the corner of my eye and felt the need
to go there. Weird because I had been there about 3-4 months ago and
nobody even listened to us. We get to the apartment, and I immediately
feel that we need to go to the bottom floor to start. One of the first
doors we knock, we met a lady named Mirna who is from Honduras. The
Spirit truly guided us to her. She opened the door with a huge smile on
her face and started talking to us. At first I thought she had to be a
member already, but she told us she had talked to the missionaries when
she lived in Texas about a year ago. They had taught her multiple
times and she had gone to English classes and church there. We talked
to her a little about the restoration (which she already remembered most
of it). She then told us she knew the Book of Mormon was true also and
had lost her other copy when she moved...so we gave her another one!!!
Great lady.
Now we have to find her a way to get to the church here. She also
works some crazy random hours, but she is willing to learn.
We haven't been able to get ahold of Benito this week. :( I think
that he got another full time job. It is kind of what happened last
time with him. We would be teaching him regularly for a time, and then
he would disappear for a time because he was working so much. I think
he does have to desires to come to church, but prioritizes work first.
We have a new zone leader in Renton who speaks a little bit of
Spanish. He was actually my district leader when I was in Auburn, so it
is kind of weird how I seem to continue to work around the same
Elders. It has been good having him here because we have started to
receive even more referrals with him being in the area. Most of the
missionaries can't even communicate with the Spanish people to get their
addresses or anything and would just hand them a mormon.org
card and that was the end of it. The down part is all of these
referrals are on that far side of the zone I was talking about before.
Haha, literally like 1 block away from the end of the zone. Looks like
we will have to start making more trips up there to follow up on these
people.
God bless you all. Merry Christmas!!!
Elder Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.