Hi Family!
I got a good laugh out of Logan's letter from this
last week. I can totally relate to being fluent in "Gangsta"! We
encounter all the same stuff here,
so perhaps it's just inner city culture across the states. I'm sure
he's getting more of it than I do now -- Gainesville is a university
city, so a lot of the people are more professional/educated. But we do
have a few "hood" areas and it's always a treat to work there. I just
try to avoid them on Friday and Saturday nights -- it's not safe for
white boys in suits preaching Jesus to be in there when all the sin is
going down.
Well, this year's Christmas devotional was a big hit! Having all
150 missionaries together at one time is pretty rare and it was quite
the celebration! Elder Bishop and I did perform our skit with a little
bit of lip syncing to "You Are Loved"....in order to preserve my
dignity, I'll pass on any further explanation of that one other than
saying it was a big hit. =D But, in the end, it all came together with
a very Spirit-filled devotional centered on the nativity and atonement.
I opted to be in the choir again this year (of course) and we sang
"Who
Is He in Yonder Stall" and "Peace, Peace, Peace" -- two very beautiful
pieces of music if you want to look them up.
In short, I'm
experiencing all over again that Christmas really doesn't require
anything other than love to be a success. I love my missionaries, I
love my work, I love the investigators we have, I love my family at home
-- and I've never been happier about a Christmas in my life. Jesus
really is the center of it all, and the great thing is, He's with us no
matter where we travel in this world. I hope you all get to experience
the simplicity, peace, and joy of life that I have been blessed with at
this time.
Much love,
Elder M.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.