Family,
Well, due to the internet being down at mom's house, I didn't
receive a weekly update on the family, but I am sure you are all doing
fine., From the 2 sentence letter from Daniel informing me of mom's
internet, I learned that he finally found a job so that is a good thing.
To be honest, this week was a lot of finding and not a lot of
investigators progressing. I think that Elder Logan Kimzey's letter
explains it quite well. We are basically having the same issue in our
area right now. Finding and talking to people is not a problem. The
problem is if you will ever be able to see and teach that person a
second time or if they will come to church and progress. I got a good
laugh out of his letter though. The excellent thing about missionary
work is it can always be fun and exciting. True, you could look at all
of the lessons falling through, and the weird foods you are eating,
crazy places you are going, and how tired you are and get discouraged.
But then you realize how great it is to be in the service of God!!! I
seriously find SO many things that are great or that make me laugh in a
week. Of course, the truly great thing is when you teach someone
who is truly been waiting for the gospel and we see those as well.
This week ALL of our lessons came from less active families in the
branch or first time lessons with people that we met. One lady that we
met and talked to seems like she has the potential to progress. At
first, when we knocked on her door she was very much against us. She
had some crazy thoughts on the church that weren't true and so had
already decided that we were bad people. After about 10 minutes of her
asking us a bunch of questions/telling us how bad we were/not giving us
time to respond, we finally were able to teach her and answer some of
her questions and teach about the gospel. After that, she seemed to
understand and she even said we could come back and teach her more! We
had some other first time lessons with people that are English
speaking, so we referred those to other elders and have no idea what
happened there. We are working hard though and I know that something is
going to come
through. This is now the starting of Elder Haro's last week in the
mission, so I hope that he will be able to continue to focus on the
work. He has been pretty good so far.
Well not too much to report this week. Love you all!
Elder B. Howell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.