Mom!
Thank you for the picture of Kaden, Landen, and Teyah. I honestly
don't think I would have recognized Teyah if you hadn't said that was
her. Obviously, (just as McKay said) she looks like a miniature Jaclyn,
but I haven't seen a picture of her in ages.
Sounds like Gabe and Joe are at least having fun being close to
Jacob and Daniel and going hunting with them. If you don't want to have
them blasting away at little birdies maybe you can suggest clay pigeon
shooting. I don't know how (because we never owned a shotgun) but I was
pretty good at that when I went shooting with some friends.
This week was pretty good. We have been doing a lot of finding as
well as trying to contact the investigators the hermanas were teaching.
We have contacted most of them and have taught several of them. We
contacted by phone one lady that is 65 that the hermanas were teaching.
She told us she loved having the hermanas over and learning but that
her husband wouldn't approve of us men coming over to teach even when he
was in the room with us. Really, this has man has nothing to fear of
us trying to steal his wife or something. A little frustrating because
she was progressing really well, and now we are on hold as we find
someone in the relief society from the branch who could go over and
continue teaching her.
Through contacting and tracting we were able to find several
more people that we met and put on date for baptism. None of them were a
super solid date, but it at least shows that they are willing and open
to learn and know what we are working towards. We have follow up
lessons scheduled and we are hoping to really determine their interest
level.
Sadly, the lady and her husband with two kids that I wrote about
last week dropped us. We called her on the phone and she said she had
been reading the Book of Mormon and she came across a lot of things that
didn't match up with the Bible. It sounded a little fishy, and so we
asked her what things she found or what questions she had. She really
wouldn't tell us and kind of dodged around the question. We are
thinking that she was anti-ed by her brother or a friend or something
because she was so open and welcoming to us the first time we met her,
and then it was like a night and day difference. We plan on going over
to her house this week just to see what's going on.
We just started as a mission to read the Book of Mormon all of the
way through before the end of the year. We have to read about 3-4
chapters a day, but it actually isn't that bad. I have enjoyed it so
far. At first I thought that going through it that fast may reduce how
much I got out of the reading, but that hasn't been the case so far. The
Book of Mormon has power no matter how fast or slow you read it. It
has been great!
Well, not much else to report from lovely Washington. Love you all!
Elder B.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.