Monday, October 1, 2012

McKay Back on the Bike

Hello Family!

This has been a great week!  We ran out of miles on the car and were out and about biking full time.  I guess it doesn't take long to get out of shape because I was a wee bit saddle sore after pounding it for 7 days straight after not being on a bike in 4.5 months.

On Saturday, Elder Chadwick and I decided to bike out to Archer to see an investigator named Adrian that we had set a baptismal date with.  Archer is about 15 miles out, so we took a sack lunch and plenty of water and started off. By the time we got there, we were both entirely drenched and drained.  Thankfully, the AC was working at his place.  =D  We weren't entirely sure how serious he was, so this was a bit of a probing-for-real-intent lesson, but before we could even begin, he started excitedly talking about his baptism, asked what he needed to do to be prepared, and insisted that we teach him "everything"!  Wow, that was unexpected!  Apparently, he had been reading from the Book of Mormon and had a few powerful experiences with it. He also met the bishop and a few other members at church and was very impressed that the gospel was what he needs in life right now.  After months of struggling, God finally just dropped a live one in our laps!

General Conference is this upcoming week!  We're gearing up for that as well and have some high goals of bringing people to see at least one session in either a member's home or here at the church.  I realized that this will be my last General Conference on the mission.  Kinda sad to think of;  I started off my mission with  General Conference in the MTC.

Good luck with the house search!  It sounds like Cache Valley is an exciting place for the Howell clan to be - Homecoming games, community band, tearing it up in cross country, and an epic bird hunting season.  Keep it up!  Enjoy the beautiful colors and fall weather while you can.  Send a few pictures.  Oddly enough, I kind of miss the seasons.  It's green here all year round, except for the Spanish Moss....Spanish Moss is always gray and it's everywhere!  =D

Happy Birthday, Gabe! I think I missed Joe's birthday as well in there somewhere, so happy birthday to him too.  I'll have to box up some of my famous funfetti cookies and ship them your way. 

Love ya muchly!

Elder M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.