Hey Family,
This is going to be a short email due to major laptop problems
today. It took me almost an hour to load this thing up, and then
suddenly it turned off on me so I had to borrow the extra computer time
of another missionary.
This week has been a roller coaster. The first of the week we
started out with what seemed to be some good things rolling, but then
ended up crashing around us. We had multiple people drop us, and it
looks like we are going to be on the finding path again. It amazes me
of how many people I have seen see the fruits of the gospel and then
decide to reject it. I know that that is the foundation of it all
though, the agency to choose. Others we talk to won't listen to us only
because they have heard some things about the church that aren't true.
Something about the golden plates coming from Moses and then just
appearing in the Americas where Joseph Smith was walking through the
jungle one day and stubbed his toe on them and that's how he found
them. Really makes it hard to teach people like that because they
already have an opinion on the church. It makes me think of the
scripture in D&C 123:12. People are only
kept from the truth because they don't know where to find it.
I have been reading over "The 4th Missionary" talk and have really
gained some valuable insight from it. I have read it several times
before but keep on finding more insight from it and more versions of it.
This past week I went on exchanges with an elder in the district.
He is Tongan and actually played rugby for Highland. We had a lot of fun
running from person to person on our exchange. One bad thing is he
doesn't speak any Spanish, and I had to translate everything for him. He
tried to recruit me to play rugby for his dad's team in Missouri after
the mission. I love the Polynesian faith and attitude for the work. I
think Tonga will to 100% members in 20 years.
Well not much else to report this week. Hope you all have a fantastic week!
Elder Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.