Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ben's Friend Surprise Visit

Family,
Well, I had the wonderful surprise of seeing Michael Kellogg and Melissa yesterday at church.  As you all most likely know, his sister just moved up to the West Seattle area (about 25 minutes away) so he was here in the area visiting. He must have looked the address and time of the Spanish branch up on the internet.  I was standing in the hall of the church and had to do a double take to make sure my eyes were working correctly.  It was very weird, but nice, to see him.  He was only there for about 3 minutes and then left.  He picked a perfect time to visit Seattle because it has been nothing but sun for a week straight.  I was able to hear from him that you did a successful move though.  Since I didn't receive an email from Mom, I am guessing that you were really busy with the move/unpacking and settling in to the new house to write.
 
This week was we did not see as much success as the week before, but several good things did happen.  After a very spiritual but short zone meeting with President Larkin giving everyone a spiritual boost, we went out and found several new investigators in several hours. One of these lessons was the easiest lesson I have ever taught in my life. The investigator was really open right off the bat and it made it super easy for the spirit to guide the lesson.  And she loves to read!  Which is a miracle for us because most people have a hard time sitting down to read the Book of Mormon.
I was standing at the grocery store checking out today and the lady bagging asked me if I was in a Spanish area. I said "yes" and then she said that she has a relative from California that has been called Spanish speaking here and is entering the MTC this Wednesday. That was actually pretty exciting to hear because we have 6 Spanish elders leaving in the next 4 months and could really use some more.
Everything is going great in the Evergreen state. Thank you for your support and prayers.
Elder Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.