Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Search as a Tool

Exciting moment of the week: we were wrapping up a great lesson with a family of 7 and everyone was super involved.  We were just about to leave a commitment when the dad and I both noticed something crawling along the top of the couch towards his wife.  We both jumped for it and she screamed in horror as she turned to see a scorpion scuttling towards her face. It definitely took a moment to restore focus after we had taken care of the critter, but no one wanted to sit on the couch anymore.
Elder Grant and I have had a rather interesting week. We have gone through a LOT of finding ideas in the past few weeks, and strangely enough, the only one that is helping us to find new investigators is Family History.  We have given one tour of the center already and have several more scheduled with various investigators that we found this week who expressed a strong interest in genealogy work.  With all the time that we spent at the center, I linked my own familysearch.org account with a fan chart generator (create fan.com) to create a pretty cool visual of 9 generations.  It definitely looks like the area to do the most work on is Grandma Howell's line, but I was very surprised at how filled out the rest of it is.

Good luck with the move.  It sounds like miracles are happening in Manti for everything to fall into place so quickly. Gabe and Joe will get lots of practice moving boxes.  =P  When we moved last time we got it all into one U-haul.  I hope I don't have too much stuff up there in the attic.  Do whatever you need to do with it.
Love ya!

Elder M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.