Family,
Yes, this summer has flown by I totally agree with Gabe. What happened to it? Ok, I guess several days seemed very long, but for the most part it passed quickly. Although I guess I don't have to go back to school in a couple of weeks like everyone else does. Congrats to Kaden on starting the 1st grade!!! I can't believe that he is old enough for the 1st grade. It seems like just a year ago that he couldn't even walk. Does Gabe go on a campout every weekend? Sounds nice to camp on the top of Moosenea though! I hope nobody in his scout group sleep walks. Gabe did you take a balsa wood airplane up with you? We did that once, a thousand years ago when I was in scouts. The wind coming up the side of the mountain just brings your airplane back to you every time. Really great...until you have a large bird attack your airplane because it is too close to its nest (but that's another story).
Joe, way to go on getting the eagle scout project almost done. I hope a bunch of people show up for it. Are you doing the project on your birthday? That would be a good way to celebrate! :) Happy birthday!!!
Sounds like the fair 5k is pretty much planned out. Is the course going to be the same this year as it was last year? That would be really great if one of the runners won the 4-wheeler. Paying 10 dollars to run a race and getting a prize that big sounds like the best thing ever. Gabe and Joe, run hard.
What is up with all the weddings? It is really weird to have people getting married that I went to high school with. Who is Jessica Russell getting married to?
This week we were not able to have a lesson with Edgar (the man with the tattoos). At the last moment he was asked to go into work. We are trying to get ahold of him and set up another time this week. Really frustrating, but we were able to go to a back up plan and still have a lesson with a different person.
We did have one investigator come to church this week. He is the only one that has shown much progress this week. He can't read, but is listening to the Book of Mormon on audio CD. He says every night he listens to it. Sometimes even re-listening to the same stuff so that he doesn't forget what happened. Really cool guy.
This week has been a constant tracting week...again. Really at this point in time the investigators that we have are progressing at a very slow pace and can't meet with us very often. So our goal is to meet with them when we can, but to start finding new people. As any missionary knows, knocking on doors is not very successful. For this whole week I think we had 3 or 4 people that were even semi interested. Ya, pretty crazy right! But I guess you take what you get. This week we are going to have a lesson with these people and also sift through our other contacts to try and find the people that really want to learn.
Talked to a couple around my age or close to last night. They are addicted to heavy drug use and are finally realizing what it is doing to them and want to change their lives around. The guy's mom is actually the one that referred us to them. They really want to change and I could feel that. We are trying to get them into an addiction recovery program, while at the same time being able to teach them the lessons. Really neat people. The spirit was there super strong as we told them of the love and atonement of the Savior. Nothing can stop that love that he has for them...not even a powerful drug. We all got into a circle after that and everyone prayed for them. An experience I will never forget is the simple yet powerful prayer of both of them. Asking for help and strength to overcome this addiction.
McKay, I'm not sure if I should say congrats on the DL position or not. I have seen the extra work that they have to do. Way cool though. I'm sure you will do great at it.
Elder Howell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.