Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Elder Ben

Hey
  Yes, Mom I got some photos of Vashon Island while I was there.  I took a video with my camera also, so you will be able to see a little of the farm.  When I was in Seattle last p-day I forgot to take my camera, so no pictures of that.  We went and saw the space needle, experience music project, and walked down to Pike's Place.  We didn't go up to the top of the space needle just because there was a massive line and it cost too much.  We met three families that were from Utah though and they came up to introduce themselves.  Small world, one of the ladies was the mom of a friend of one of one of the Hermanas out here. Crazy right!  We only had two hours in the city so we didn't see too much.  Pike's Place is a huge market and you by a massive variety of foods and souvenirs there.  My favorite part was a fish market store. In this store every time someone bought a fish  they would literally toss it to the guy that cuts it up and wraps it (about 15 yards away).  It is pretty crazy to see a 35 pound fish toss!!!  I guess this usually draws a pretty big crowd, because their store had about 5 times the amount of people out front of it then any other store.  We were also able to pass by a glass blowing store for a couple of minutes.  Those people in there have amazing talent, but everything in the store was about 500 plus dollars!!!
 
This week we were only able to see Reynaldo once.  The guy is never home even if we set up appointments with him.  He has read a little of the Book of Mormon and has liked what he has read so far.  It is hard to get him progressing though if we never see him.
 We met someone that we may start teaching.  A member brought a friend to church and he wants to learn more.  We have an appointment with him tonight to get to know him and share a lesson with him.  This guy looks pretty scary on the outward appearance (scary tattoos all over his arms and neck) but he was actually really nice.  He was attending a catholic church for awhile, but they told him he couldn't enter the building anymore because of his tattoos.  He came to church yesterday and he liked how everyone still talked to him and befriended him. 
 
Other then that it has been  a lot of less active work and just tracting and street contacting.  While street contacting we met an awesome Islamic guy who talked to us for a half hour about Islam.  He was really kind and didn't try to tell us how we were wrong like we originally thought he would. Rather he just explained what he believed.  I guess I now know a little more about the Islam religion.
 We have literally tracted about 30 hours this week. It is crazy how many people we talk to just say "God isn't my thing" or something similar.  I guess our job is just to find the few that will listen to us. Out of all those hours we only found 2 people that had any interest at all.
Sorry, I don't have any more time so I have to go.
  The work goes on....
 
Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.