Hello Family,
Well it definitely doesn't sound like you live in Seattle. The weather you are having is worse. Up here in Seattle we have had about a week and a half of perfect weather. The Seattleites in this area are really enjoying it, because this kind of weather never happens. We have been in the mid to high 80's for awhile now. Manti farmers I can imagine are a little frustrated. You can't do anything with your hay when it rains. Not a good time to have a cut.
Well, no surprise that my spelling is better in a handwritten letter. I just try and type a million miles and hour when I am on the computer so I still have time to write the president and read emails. You most likely have to fix so many mistakes before you load these online just so people can read what I write. Thanks for making the recipes, I hope that I can get some time to cook. Most of our meals are pretty fast so we can get out the door again. My companion has eaten SOOOO much top ramen! Luckily I haven't been that bad and can usually find something else to whip up fast. And the Mexicans in this area continue to feed us. I won't put the weight gain that I have had in a letter because it is just out of control. Most of their meals I can deal with (there have been a couple of interesting times though). Usually I will just take a REALLY small portion of stuff to try it, and smile at the host.
This week has really been slow for us. After numerous hours of tracting and knocking on doors we only have one new investigator. His name is Reynaldo and he seems like a great guy so far. The English elders I guess talked to him on the street and he was really interested in the "new Bible", so we went to his house and gave him a Book of Mormon. He loves reading his Bible and was really excited to see the Book of Mormon. He works everyday for a crazy amount of time so we haven't been able to get ahold of him when we pass by his house. He seemed like a really religious person, and has been to services in just about every church (except LDS), but hasn't really liked any of them. We will see how he progresses.
We had two on dates (for baptism) at the starting of this week, but now at the end we have none. We ended up telling one that he would have to start to change his life around and stop drinking, and start living the Word of Wisdom. Not like that, but the general jest of it. He sure didn't take too well to that and told us he wouldn't follow any religion that wouldn't let him drink with his friends. Kind of sad because I know the spirit has touched on this guy several times.
Our other investigator just hasn't been to church yet. We invite her often and she always says she will come, but then never does. We are going to have to change her date back further, but we are not sure when that will be.
On Friday I was on an exchange with an English Elder on Vashon Island. They live on a 160 acre lot of church owed land out there. Absolutely beautiful!!! I don't have time to write about it here, but I will send some pictures. Way neat place!
Elder Wilkins and I are headed up to the center of Seattle today to see some of the sites. Since I have never been there I really don't know what we will be doing. I have only seen it from a distance, but it looks beautiful.
Elder Howell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.