Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Temple Trip in WA

Family,
Well, today has been wonderful but we are in a bit of a rush.  We just got back from a temple trip in Bellevue.  As always, the temple was wonderful.  Of course, the district I am in realized it was my last temple trip (as a missionary) and were (jokingly) saying that the next time I go through the temple would be to get married... I managed to not think about that. :)  The only problem is that the temple trip really cuts into pday so we are running around like mad the rest of the day.  Also to make pday even shorter, I am traveling back up to Bellevue for a baptismal interview at 4pm and then we have an emergency district meeting thing at 5:30pm.
I have no idea what to say about you not hearing from the mission, Mom. They called me about a month ago because they were trying to get a hold of you but didn't have the right address or phone number.  I have now given them the correct information 3 times, but maybe they have lost it again.  Or maybe they forgot I was leaving!!!  At any rate, I know when I am scheduled to leave (May 6th).  Due to a change up in the length of time missionaries stay in the MTC, our transfer this transfer was cut to 5 weeks, thus robbing me of a precious week in the mission.
This week was really good.  It seemed like we weren't really reaching anyone, but then we had a couple investigators, part member families, and less active families we have been visiting show up to church at the end of the week. This past week was one of the biggest groups I have seen in the gospel principles class at church!  We also had interviews with President Larkin this week, and he told me he would be putting Hermanas back in Renton next week. One will be straight from the MTC and the other will have never served in Renton.  We will most likely be passing off multiple people that we have been teaching to them, and so our teaching pool will be cut in half.
Not too much new to report. Transfers are this weekend and Elder Carpenter is hoping that we stay together so he can "kill me off."  I don't think that it will happen (I have never been with a companion for 4 straight transfers), but we can hope for the best.
 
Love you all,
Elder Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.