Family,
Congratulations on Casey's mission call!!! That is exciting. I am
sure he will do well with speaking French if he was the runner up for
language sterling scholar.
Gabe, I wish you well on the
ACT. Don't worry, I was thinking I might not do to much better then the
monkey, but somehow I was able to pull off a little bit better then
expected.
Joe, I am excited to speak Spanish with you!!! Let's have a goal
to have at least a simple conversation by the time I get home. I had 9
weeks in the MTC, so you should be just as good as when I left the MTC
by the time I get home :)
This last weekend we had 2
baptisms!!! Our investigator and her daughter were baptized. Also a
child of record (8 year old) was baptized the same time. We had
also been teaching him so that he would be more prepared for his
baptism. It was nice to see all 3 of them dressed in white. Due to the
fact that we thought she was moving last weekend, we didn't announce it
in sacrament meeting. We spent the whole week getting everything
planned and calling everyone in the branch. The baptismal service was a
little bit out of hand. The programs were forgotten by the person in
charge of them, the speakers
mixed up what topic they were supposed to talk about, and even though
we had members picking up the people being baptized, they arrived a half
hour late. After all of that, I guess that the important thing is that
the ordinance was performed. Haha, another funny thing is that the
week that a baptism happens
is the week I don't have my camera. Yep, it is in the car that is
being worked on. :( We should get it back today, but that didn't help
me last weekend. Luckily, Elder Carpenter was able to get a picture.
Hopefully I will be able to send you a copy.
Well, that is it for this week. Pretty busy with the baptism, but
very rewarding to see them and how excited they were for that day.
Well, this computer is going to kick me off, so I need to run.
Love you all,
Elder Seattle
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.