Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ben Stays in Renton

Familia,

First off a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandma Judy!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Well, transfer calls are in and......I am still in Renton with Elder Carpenter!!!  It was a huge amount of waiting to see if we were going to stay.  President Larkin didn't get transfers done until last night (Monday), which is the latest I have ever seen it done, and so nobody knew if they were leaving.  I thought for sure I was leaving, or at least Elder Carpenter would leave, but it didn't turn out that way. This will now set a record for me for the longest time serving with a companion without any kind or break (Elder Wilkins will still have the most transfers with me just at different times).  We are pretty excited to continue serving around each other.  It is really unusual for a trainer to be with the trainee for 4 transfers. Maybe the Lord knows I need to have twice as long to teach my companion as other missionaries need. :)   Hahah, over the last few days I have pretty much said goodbye to the members here, so they will be super surprised when I show up to church again. 

Yes, we should be getting the Hermanas back here in Renton today.  One will be straight from the MTC.  We also have a new branch mission leader that was sustained last Sunday, so the missionary work here should really change. The new mission leader is a convert of about 2 years and loves missionary work!!! Hopefully we can get him oriented on Preach My Gospel and area books really soon.

Right now we have been trying to teach a lot of women in this area.  It makes it a little difficult at times to always find a member to go with us to the lesson, so I guess the Hermanas will automatically have some work when they get here.
The branch is pretty excited because the first missionary EVER to serve from this branch is coming back today!  Of course I never knew him, but he may be a huge asset for us if he really wants to continue doing missionary work.

Not too much to report.  I love the members here, my companion, the work, and even the rain...yup life is swell!

With much love,

Elder Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.