Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zone Conference in FL

So, I think my early alzheimers is kicking in....I'm staring at the computer screen trying to remember what I did last week and am drawing a huge blank.  Lol.  Maybe this means I should actually write in my journal so that there is some evidence that I actually did things out here in Florida.
We had transfers. I'm staying in Gainesville 2nd ward. My new companion is Elder Parker Grant from Highland, UT.  He went to Lone Peak High and graduated in '09, so perhaps the Knudsen clan knows him.  I actually served around him last June and July in Brunswick, GA - he was my district leader and we lived in the same apartment there, so we're going to have a blast being companions. Three of the four district leaders in our zone also were transferred/released, so we are going to be pretty busy training the new district leaders in the upcoming weeks.

Yesterday we wrapped up a 7 month mission project centered on the Doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost, endure to the end). In January, we had a zone conference entirely dedicated to our purpose "to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end" (Preach My Gospel, pg 1). Starting that same month, the whole mission was doing the "doctrine of Christ project" of reading through the whole Book of Mormon applying different highlights everything that had to do with those principles. Then, yesterday, we had a final zone conference again dedicated to those principles and the Atonement. The Spirit was very strong and I feel like my understanding and recognition of the Atonement have grown considerably.

I still can't remember anything that happened between transfers and zone conference, so I guess I'll end here.  It sounds like Gabe will be taking it easy with yogurt and ice cream for the next few days.  My wisdom teeth surgery was interesting.  Pain meds didn't work at all, but I didn't swell and could still chew, so I was eating pizza the same night I had all four taken out.  Lol.  Good luck, brother!  Congrats to Garrett on the engagement. Shoot a photo my way if you get your hands on any.

Jake and Daniel, whitewater rafting sounds like a blast; that's one adventure I haven't had yet. I'm glad to hear that Alecia found a job, even if she is lacking all the hours she wants right now.

2 Nephi 2:5-9 "How great the importance to make these things known!"

I love you all,
The skinny brother; the nerd; the goof; the far-away child.
(AKA  Elder M)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.