Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Contacts in WA

Today is transfer day. I will still be staying in Renton with Elder Henderson. Not really a big surprise because I just got here 6 weeks ago.  We were under the impression that there was going to be a new Spanish elder coming in, but I guess that was just a myth.  We had one Spanish elder come in last transfer.  He was called to Brazil but has had trouble getting a visa. He served in another stateside mission before coming here. Not sure if he will stay here or eventually go to Brazil, but I am not the youngest Spanish missionary anymore. Hahah...15 months later.
This week Elder Henderson and I continued our tracting and finding.  We went to an area that I am pretty sure Spanish elders haven't been to for a very long time.  It is on the far reaches of our zone and not known for being too 'Spanishy.'   We decided there had to be Spanish people there, even if they were far and few in between and that it would be worth it to find them rather then just stay in our usual Spanishy areas that have been visited by missionaries a bunch of times. Sure enough when we got there we started talking to a bunch of Asian and African people.  If I knew some sort of Asian language, I am sure we could have had 30 new people to teach.  Most of them spoke little English but were able to say that they were Buddist.  We continued on though and were able to find 5 Spanish families!  We didn't teach all of them right then.  They were busy and had never talked to missionaries before, but they all seemed interested and invited us to come back. One lady actually asked us to come back in one hour.  We went back and had a great lesson.  She hasn't gone to church since she was 15 and now wants to start developing that relationship with God.  We continue to work with a rather large list of potentials that we have found and referrals from other missionaries.  Our problem is not finding the Spanish people, it is finding a time that they will be in the house to teach them.  More often then not while tracting we find a bunch of housewives and have to teach a doorstep lesson. Then we have to find a time when their husbands will be home or pass them off to the Hermanas to teach.
 
It was a pretty good week of finding though. I, like McKay, don't remember all of the details in a week of missionary work, but I can say it was an alright week.
Love ya all,
Elder B.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.