Tuesday, June 5, 2012

McKay's Broken Finger

Hey Momma!

I got a good laugh out of your story of meeting Stephanie who worked for President Barry.  This is such a small world.  My companion lived in Folsom, California and I think we meet someone every week who has passed through or lived there as well. One of our investigators actually became an investigator when they found that commonality.   I'll be sure to pass Stephanie's comments along to President in my weekly email.

Daniel, I look forward to many pictures from a journey to the other side of the world representing our great nation!  Opportunities like that don't come to everyone - don't pass it up!  =D  

Well, I was jogging on the treadmill this week at the gym in our apartment complex and I got distracted and misplaced a step and slipped. I think I may have broken my left middle finger when I landed because it's black and blue around the joint and swollen to twice it's normal size (makes typing a bit difficult), but thankfully it has stopped hurting much.

In other news, yes, we do still have a baptism occurring this week, and, boy, what a baptism!  I think this one alone should count for 5 or 6 - he's been investigating for a long time now and has been through several sets of missionaries over the last year.  He's read the Book of Mormon  twice as well as the Doctrine and Covenants, and most everything else he can get his hands on, but he is very solid and is proceeding with the baptism even though his family is not happy at all with the choice.

We also have a woman from China that we encountered last week who is interested in "becoming a Christian".  She doesn't really understand the differences between all the denominations and just thinks that Christian is Christian, so I'm glad we found her first.  :) She came to church for testimony meeting and a gospel principles discussion on the Holy Ghost and says she was very grateful that she came.  Oriental people are so nice!

I shall end with a joke that I heard recently:
"Why did the chicken cross the road?   To prove to the armadillo that it could be done!"  Lol!

I love you all!  Thank you, both Mom and Grandma, for the packages! I'll open them in a couple of days.

Elder M. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.