Monday, June 18, 2012

Florida Report

Hello Pappa! Happy (late) Father's Day!  Lol, I had several people say the same to me, but I don't recall having had any children yet....  =P

As I recall, this is also a birthday week for my big sis Jaclyn and my "little" brother Daniel! Since I'm not in person to sing for you....

Do we have a birthday here? Yes we have a Birthday here! Birthday where? Birthday here! Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Happy Birthday Happy Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Happy Day! :)

Haha, we're all getting old.  I hope it goes well for ya'll!

So this week I got to go down to the Ocala district and work with our new district leader there. Trouble is, he's a Spanish missionary, so I had absolutely no clue what was going on in any of the lessons that day. (It's times like this that cause me to reflect back on the early experiences of my mission getting the Spanish packet at the MTC and wishing that it had worked out that way.) He did have an investigator for me to interview for baptism and thankfully she had enough broken English that we could work through the questions.  I was able to excel in the English class they had for their Spanish branch that night though!  The next day on the way home to Gainesville, we took a detour and I interviewed another candidate in Chiefland who had finally received parental permission to be baptized after several months of begging and pleading. Hopefully she'll be able to stay active with just the ward support.

This week we found a very interesting new investigator who had visited Salt Lake City about 10 years ago and filled out a self referral card, but nothing ever came of it. As we questioned further, she told us that she is a descendant of Phineas Young (Brigham Young's brother) and had known there was a Mormon history in her family, but she had no idea what that meant and wanted to learn more.  Wahoo!  We can help with that!  =D  She's excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to our Wednesday scripture study class and we hope to see some rapid progress with her.

Other than that, it's been a quiet week.  Lots of heat, lots of sweat, lots of humidity, and endless slapping at the mosquitos.  I think my finger is mostly back to normal now.  There's just minimal stiffness left and it only gives  a twinge of pain if I squeeze or put pressure directly on the joint, so hopefully I'll be back to full use in a few more weeks.

Love ya'll!

Elder M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.