Well, transfers were again today. I was transferred back to Renton
(where I just left 3 months ago). It should be pretty easy to adjust
because I already know all the members and the area. Elder Dickinson
(my companion in Auburn) was also moved. They put the Spanish trainer
in Auburn with an English companion. I really don't know how on earth
they are going to do the Spanish and English work down there because the
English was just on fire, and we were picking up steam. They were both
made zone leaders also. This means that we don't close Spanish area down
though, so that is nice.
So I am in Renton, and my companion is Elder Henderson. I was companions with him for several weeks in Seattle. The good thing about small numbers of Spanish elders is you already know everyone. We live in a different place in Renton now, which I am going to miss because we lived with great members last time. I guess we ended up switching places with the English sisters because someone in the apartments was creeping them out so they had to move...Great thing to hear about your apartment right as you get there.
So I am in Renton, and my companion is Elder Henderson. I was companions with him for several weeks in Seattle. The good thing about small numbers of Spanish elders is you already know everyone. We live in a different place in Renton now, which I am going to miss because we lived with great members last time. I guess we ended up switching places with the English sisters because someone in the apartments was creeping them out so they had to move...Great thing to hear about your apartment right as you get there.
Last week in Auburn we tracted into a 16 year old kid that really
is interested and was progressing great. When he first saw us he said,
"Oh, I have one of those books that you have (Book of Mormon)." Turns
out he has a friend that he goes to high school with, and they had
already talked about the church a little. He had also read a little of
the Book of Mormon already! He had never been to church but had
participated in a dance festival they had here and said that he feels
different (good) around the kids from the church and it is searching for
that in his life. The dance festival is where every ward practices 3
specific dances for about 5 months, and then 6 stakes get together at
the end and have a huge dance performance with all of the dances. It
just got done several weeks ago. This kid loves learning about the
gospel as well! He has great questions in every lesson.
70% sunsine in Manti! I think we have about 10% in Seattle. Hahah. I think I have seen the sun about 10 days this year.
Daniel, good luck in Trinidad. That sounds like it is going to be
an awesome adventure. Are you going to have any free time to get around
and see some of the country or is it just going to be running?
I don't think that I realized how old Joe, Kaden, and Landen were.
I still picture Kaden as like 4 and Landen not even talking.
All is well in Seattle.
Love you all,
Elder B.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.