Saturday, September 10, 2011

Elder Ben

Well I'm not sure if you didn't have time to write this week or if my email just never received it.  I guess I will just write about a few of my adventures and not worry about responding this week.
 
This week has been a little bit of the wild side.  Elder Wilkins has leadership training for two of the days over in Bellevue so I had to have an exchange for those days.  I was companions with Elder Stoker, who is an English speaking elder working in the West Seattle area.  He came out to the field the same day I did.  So here we have to young(in mission age) missionaries taking care of two areas for two days.  It didn't help that he didn't speak Spanish, and I can only do simple sentences in Spanish.  The couple lessons and contacts that we had over those two days were definitely shorter then usual, but I somehow managed to survive.  It was kind of a crazy to share a lesson in English though, I could actually understand all of what Elder Stokers investigators were saying!
Also had another exchange with the Bellevue Spanish elders.  I ended up going to Bellevue for only 24 hours, and then realizing how much I liked our zone.  They don't have very many Spanish speakers over in their area. So when the couple of appointments fell through the back up was tracting.  I think I ended up tracting almost 10 hours!!!  We did find a person that seemed a little interested though. Hopefully something comes of that.
On Saturday the Hermanas that are serving in the same branch as us had a baptismal service for two of their investigators.  I had the great opportunity to baptize one of the people.  WAY nervous for it. Did the baptismal prayer the first time and messed up one letter in one word....so I had to do it again. Also the women's last name was a bit hard for my to pronounce, but I finally got everything right.  I'm glad that it only took two trys.  I forgot my camera, but the Hermanas got a picture right before the service started.  I will have to send you a copy.
We also put one of our investigators on date for baptism.  He has been on date before I ever arrived out in the field but then fell off date so we aren't 100% sure on his commitment, but we still have a couple of weeks to work with him. 
Had a slight melt down/frustration with the language but I think every language missionary feels that at sometime.  Just part of the process. Estoy bien ahorra.
Not much else to write about this week.
 
Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.