Family,
Well, this past week was a little bit bizarre and I had several
experiences that I have never before had on my mission. Only bad part
is, none of them were good. Haha what a messed up week. Satan was
working his hardest on my companion and me (mostly me) this week, but
luckily we came off conqueror. First off, I was pretty sick Tuesday and
Wednesday. I felt well enough to go to district meeting early Tuesday
afternoon but then quickly went downhill from there. We also started an
exchange with our district leader right after district meeting. I was
way cold by Tuesday dinner and started to have queasy feelings. I lay
down on the couch for an hour but then decided that missionary work is
for 2 short years, and I wasn't wasting a single second being sick on a
couch. My district leader and I went out tracting right after that and
the whole time I felt like I was going to throw up.....then I did. I
started to feel pretty good after that and was able to finish up the
night. Wednesday morning wasn't too much better, but as the day went on
I started to feel better. It was perfect timing too, because that
night I had to be in Federal Way for a baptismal interview. I think
that hard word was the medicine. I was able to work through it all.
After my companion asked why I didn't just turn in for the night Tuesday
and lay around Wednesday and I told him the same thing I thought the
night before. Missions are short. You don't want to look back and see
that you misused a second of the Lord's time.
By Thursday I was feeling great and then WE GOT INTO A CAR
ACCIDENT!!! Yup, no joke. Good thing for us it was nothing major and
we walked away without injuries. Also good thing it wasn't our fault,
or I wouldn't be driving right now. We were completely stopped at a red
light and there was a bunch of traffic ahead of us. I look back in the
rear view mirror just a split second before the accident and see a car
coming pretty fast. I only had time to think "that car is coming pretty
fast to stop in time....wait it isn't going to stop in time" and then
the car hit us. The impact made us lunge forward and hit the back of
the car in front of us, so basically we were played ping pong with. It
took the rest of the night to get the situation worked out, and then our
vehicle coordinator wanted pictures asap so we had to print pictures
that night. Totally shot our plans. Then Friday, I had to continue
filling out
paper work, printing pictures and writing out what happened....another
huge amount of time.
Lucky for us, the weekend was pretty mellow, and we were actually able to continue on in the missionary work.
We had one of the less active members come out to church for the
second time in a row. The others were out of town this past week so
we will have to try again for weekend. Also our investigator from
Puerto Rico came to church for his 3rd time and loved it. He is now
trying to get his wife to come with him. She is pretty shy and doesn't
really want to go somewhere new. He loves the church though and feels
at home there.
Not too much to report this week. It was a bit crazy, but we
managed to pull through it. Hopefully by next week I will have
something a bit more spiritual and uplifting to report.
Love you all,
Elder Seattle
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.