Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter in Washington

Hey!!!

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great. Glad to hear that McKay is alive and well.  I loved the pictures McKay!!! Haha, Batman style. It seems like you use your camera a bit more than me....maybe I should get on that so I actually can remember people/places in my mission. Daniel way to go on beating your PR. I was a little confused on how you can place ninth and end up being ranked 4th. Sounds like you did amazing though. 4th in the nation sounds pretty good to me.

Jacob is tearing it up on the selling side of things as well.  Jacob are you still thinking about buying an apartment complex to rent to college students?

This past week has been a pretty up and down one...in the weather and the work.  First of the week was like 35-40 degrees raining and just cold. Then Saturday and Sunday it was 75 degrees and hardly any clouds. It felt great!!! The town of Auburn seemed to come alive when the sun was out. Just more people out and about.

The first of the week my companion and I were really seeing a lot of success, and it lasted even until Saturday night. We were out finding and inviting and by the end of the week had 8 investigators with baptismal dates. It was amazing to see and we were really blessed this past week. Unfortunately, some of them did not make it to church this past Sunday and so we had to take them off date, but we are going to still continue to work with a lot of them. God is great!!! We saw many miracles this last week.  Not sure how long I will be in this area though so I am trying to make the most of it. We just got word this past week that we will not be getting an new missionaries into the mission for another 4 months or so. So in a couple of months when Elder Mitchell finishes his mission, we will have an odd amount of Spanish missionaries again, and they will have to close an area. Not sure what is going to happen yet...  Our mission is super young though. about 75% of the missionaries have been out for under 9-10 months. Maybe that is why they are waiting to send in more, but not really sure.

Had a couple of cool exchanges this past week.  One with the English elders in our ward.  I went to the English side of things for a day and, of course, we had to plan a bike route for the day that goes up a huge hill.  Haha, I haven't been on a bike forever. Lucky for me, I did not have a heart attack and even made it to the top without stopping. It was pretty fun biking around for a day though.

I also went on an exchange with another set of Spanish elders.  I was able to go back to Seattle. It was pretty cool seeing some of the branch members that I haven't seen in a long time. Also taught a sweet lesson to a man in Seattle who is really been enjoying learning about the church.  He loves everything about it and it was fun to meet him.

Well not much else for this week.

Love ya all!
Elder B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.