Yesterday....was wonderful! I love Easter. Elder Cancel and I were out
biking around the backcountry of Lady's Island after church and we had
people honking at us left and right, people leaning out the windows to
yell "Happy Easter", and for once no one was cursing at us!
We also started off the day bright and early with an Easter
baptism. Wow, that was powerful! This gal was very ready and just
absolutely beaming. The water was warm too! We missionaries were asked
to sing a musical number and I always love an opportunity to do that.
On the downside, the Bishop was there and now wants us to do a repeat in
Sacrament meeting in a couple weeks. (Yikes!) There's a big difference
between singing for 20 people at a baptism and 250 people from a
podium.
That night, all four of us elders in the district had dinner with
our favorite family in the ward. He joined the church about a year ago,
but she's was pretty against it. Over the last month or so, she has
softened quite a bit and has been reading the Book of Mormon chapters we
give her and seems to like them a lot. She chose a baptismal date last
night as well, so all around, Easter was a very good day.
On the downside, transfers are looming near and I'm thinking I might
be a likely target for moving. I've been here three transfers already,
but it's a good area. The low country of South Carolina is incredible!
I love the accent that the locals have. The Gullah/Geechie culture and
language on the islands is still pretty much unintelligible to me, but
we know a Catholic guy who loves us and volunteered his services any
time we need a translator. =)
Benj, biking is a LOT more fun than the car! (except in the humid,
sticky summer heat) You get to meet many more people while getting your
daily workout at the same time! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience
of the day while powering it up those hills!
Daniel, WAY TO GO! Nationally 4th! I think you pretty much just
asserted Howell awesomeness for the next 50 generations. How many more
races do you have before the end of the running season?
Well, I love you all. Till next time!
Tschüss!
McKay
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.