Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Baptism Dates in Seattle

Hey Fam,
Well, I was also surprised to see Brady's wedding invitation.  I guess it is that time of year again.  I just received Alyssa's in the mail today.
I am emailing super late because we had our temple trip today!  When that happens, pday gets switched to Tuesdays.  We woke up this morning to snow on the ground, and it snowing pretty heavily.  We were thinking that the cars were going to have to be parked for the day, but after about an hour and half of snowing, it all of a sudden stopped.  Not too much snow was on the roads, so we were allowed to drive to Bellevue (where the temple is).  By the time we got out of the temple, is was way sunny and all the snow had melted.  It was great to see the sun though.  I think that was the second time in 2 months that we have seen it.
So something pretty cool happened this week. A guy in our branch just got his mission call this week.  He is going to Salt Lake City (Spanish speaking) in April.  He has been out with us doing mission work when he can and is very excited to start.  This makes the second guy from the branch to ever serve a mission, with the other one serving right now in Portland, OR.  The branch is pretty pumped.
Yes, we still have a wedding that will be happening this Saturday!  They just passed out all of the invitations this last week. He is still on date for baptism on the , we are looking forward to that as well.
So I think the highlight of our week happened yesterday night.  We had our first lesson with Eliza (pronounced Alyssa), a member referral in the house of the member.  She has attended church several times in the past and the most recent time two weeks ago.  We actually meet her in January when the snow storm came through here and we went to shovel snow at this member's house.  Last night we decided to watch the movie Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration and then go over The Book of Mormon after.  The movie was powerful, and when we talked of The Book of Mormon, the spirit was definitely in the room.  She ended up accepting a baptismal date for the 6th of April!  Unfortunately, she is really busy with work and college so we can only see her once a week, so we are hoping that she can be ready by then.
Well I think that is about it for this week! Chow.
Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.