Well, transfer calls came on Sunday night, and to my surprise, I found out that I would be leaving Renton. After only 4 months of being there, it was a little weird to think about leaving. I am now on the far south side of our mission in the town of Auburn. The spanish group here isnt very big yet and the members/missionaries are still trying to get a branch started. We are combined with an English ward, and the only thing in Spanish is the gospel principles class. Should be a fun challenge to try and start a branch. I just moved this morning, and other than that, really have no idea of what to expect of this area so far. I did find out that I have the best zone leader in the world though...his name is Elder Kinere, and he flew out here to the mission field on the same plane as I did. We served together in Seattle for 4 and a half months. He is from the Marshall Islands, and I honestly haven't met very many missionaries that are so dedicated to the work. It was crazy to hear that he was made a zone leader...before he even was a senior companion. :) My new companion is Elder Dickenson from Lewiston, Idaho (I think). I have been on a few exchanges with him in the past, and he seems like a great guy. He is definitely a calm and mellow guy, which is a little different than any of my past companions, who are way talkative and energetic. He hasn't been in Auburn very long either, but I think we will manage things pretty well.
This past week was pretty sad. It was the first time since I have
been out in the mission field that we have had missionaries in the
Spanish program finish their missions and go home. We lost an Elder and
two Hermanas. Kind of
crazy to think of anyone going home, maybe because it has never happened
before. It does put the Spanish Elders at an even number now (8) and
so things may be a little easier without one missionary bouncing in and
out of trios.
Last week in Renton we didn't have the baptism. I guess he (the
investigator) just doesn't feel ready, even though he has been thinking
about being baptized since December. The elders there will continue on
working with him to prepare him.
Nothing too crazy or interesting happened this past week. I'm sure
I will have some new experiences here and should have more to write
about next week.
Love ya,
Elder B. Howell
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.