It was wonderful speaking with the family yesterday - definitely the best Christmas present! (Sorry it had to be so short; 40 minutes goes by fast.) Having a baptismal service at 8:30 Christmas morning was pretty spectacular too! To be honest, I think that Christmas here on the mission was much more meaningful than any other Christmas I've experienced. We met with a lot of people (even a bunch of non-members) and were able to share in their celebration of Jesus' birth, share conversion stories, miracles, etc. I wish everyone could have the same; it would probably eliminate the so-called "consumerism" of Christmas entirely!
![]() |
| Jessica -- a convert baptism |
2205 Southside Blvd, APT 11B
Port Royal, SC 29935
![]() | |
| The Midgleys |
This place is one of the most interesting areas I have yet served in. We cover two bases for the U.S. Marine Corp and one for the U.S. Air Force so there are a LOT of military people in this town. In fact, I think the entire Beaufort county survives because of the military - it doesn't seem like there is much else in the way of occupations here. Anyway, I'm working on learning military lingo so I can understand what everyone is talking about! =P We already had to go through one military checkpoint to see someone and I'd forgotten my ID that day....it was rather interesting to have guys in full body armor carrying M16s asking for proof of residency, etc. Finally had to turn around and go home to get my driver's license. Then the military police decided to stalk us the entire time we were on base.... Lol, ah, the stories that we'll have from the time spent in this area!
Well, I'll go now, but I decided to attach pictures of some of my favorite people from the last area. Sister Crawford was pretty much my second mother - she loves the elders and we had some great experiences teaching people at her home. The Midgley boys were also pretty fun; I got to beat on them like they were my little brothers. And I got to see Jessica again before leaving town. I took a bunch of others too, but not enough room to attach them all.
![]() | |
| Sister Crawford |
Elder M.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.