Monday, December 5, 2011

Elder McKay

Kippa seems to be a good looking dog.  I think having Dad as an owner is probably pretty ideal for a new pooch -- who else takes their puppies to the mountains on a weekly basis?

To be honest . . . not much has happened this week.  We worked like crazy.  Got members to just more than two-thirds of our lessons.  Found a handful of new investigators.  Came in late nearly every night.  But for some reason, nothing really changed.  We have recently picked upa couple of students from the local colleges/universities, but they are in the middle of pre-finals crunch time and don't have much spare time to meet with us or read from the scriptures.  Our most promising investigator that had a date for this next week and had finally stopped smoking had his house broken into and decided to move back to Miami to be near family, so he's out of the picture now.

I think I found the reason why in our morning studies today with a whole stack of scriptures and have included just a couple of those below:


And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.  1 Nephi 14:12

But behold, and lo, we saw the glory and the inhabitants of the telestial world, that they were a innumerable as the stars in the firmament of heaven, or as the sand upon the seashore.  D&C 76:109


Nephi was talking about the condition of the church of God just before the second coming, so my conclusion is that the "elect" are few upon the face of the earth and that I can teach/testify all I want, but that large majority of the world will choose telestial ways regardless of what I do.  My purpose then is to help find the elect, those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, and then be that warning voice to all the rest so that they will have had the opportunity to choose something higher.

The four of us missionaries in our apartment helped a member neighbor move from upstairs and they gave us this fake potted palm tree.  We decorated it and now have an epic missionary Christmas palm!  Lol, yeah, people laugh at us -- every one else get normal fir trees here from huge tree farms.

Love ya,
Elder M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.