Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ultimos semana en la CCM!

Hola Familia y amigos,
Yo recibi me plan de viajar!  Yep that's right I got my flight itinerary last Friday.  After 9 weeks, 14 pounds heavier (ya don't laugh), and learning a little Spanish I am on my way out of the MTC.  I will leave the MTC grounds on Tuesday at 5 am.  My flight leaves Salt Lake at 8:30 am.  Mom I will try to call as soon as I get through security because I think time will be a bit tight for me to talk.
It is a bit or mixed feelings leaving the MTC. I have grown to enjoy this place and the people in it.  So many good times in here.  I think I have had some of my highest points and also lowest points of my life in the MTC.  This place is such a learning experience. You truly have to put everything you have in the Lord.  Just being with an investigator and not understanding half of what they are saying and praying for el don de leguas (gift of tongues) so that you can say what they need to hear at that moment in time is a very crazy experience.  I feel like my very soul has been on its knees in prayer at some points in here.  There have been some great experiences as well.  I have seen investigators come to realize the importance of Jesucristo in their lives. One great experience happened just last night.  Elder Lanier and I were teaching our progressing investigator about the atonement.  For someone who started out not even believing in God at all he has progressed very far.  As we bore testimony of the need and reality of the atonement the spirit swept into the room so strong.  It was an experience I will never forget, looking into this mans eyes and knowing that he felt the same thing.
Last week on the 2nd we had a devotional to celebrate the 4th.  It was totally fantastic!  There were talks and a short video showing all of the 340 different missions in the world.  Then a group played the bagpipes while a representative of every country represented in the MTC brought out their flag.  It was pretty impressive!  Because the MTC is probably one of the most diverse blocks in the world for different nationalities we celebrated it more on the fact that we had a free nation for the church to be restored in.  Don't get me wrong we sang a lot of patriotic songs also.  After the devotional we got special permission from President Brown to stay out after curfew and watch the fireworks from The Stadium of Fire.  It was great to watch! Maybe just a bit spectacular then Manti's fireworks :)
Gabe what is this talk about you taking 2nd at a race!  Hahaha Jk.  I guess that 72 and 3 (or something like that) isn't to bad over an 11 year span.  Keep up the great running, it sounds like you almost had it toward the end.
Sounds like rockets were still pretty successful for how rainy it sounded like it was.  Hope everyone enjoyed the 4th.
This week is pretty busy we have an all day long devotional for all of the departing Elders. And everyone is packing up.  The four Elders in my district going to Villahermosa, Mexico will leave on Monday, then Elder Lanier, Hermana Hickman, and I will leave Tuesday, with Hermana Osborn leaving on Wednesday.  Soon we will all be spread out.
Well not much more time on the computer left....to have fun.  Talk to you on Tuesday morning.
Con amor,
Elder Howell
P.s Alecia I know i was going to send you a gift. Unfortunately with thousands of missionaries and only one book store the thing I was going to buy ran out.  Maybe later you will get a gift.  Lo siento.
Say hi to grandma and grandpa for me






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.