Hola Family,
Happy Independence Day! I'll bet all of you are tired out from an intensive 5K and are working hard at the park with the usual rocket festival. I bet the kids will still have fun with it whether it is windy or not. :)
Don't worry about me, the back is fine. I was only layed up for a day and then back to work. A much faster recovery than last fall's experience. The experience with our bikes was short lived - I bought a new tube the next day and we were on our way again with the usual 20-30 miles a day. By the way, what is the population of Brunswick? I don't even know and I've been here for 8 weeks... Seems like the largest town I've ever lived in though.
I'm really sad to hear that about Grandpa. I guess I never got to know him very well, but I will definitely join in prayer to help ease his passing.
Lightning struck the house?! That's intense! I'll bet the boom shook the windows with that one. Go ahead and use my wireless router if the old one got blown up. Mine is in a box upstairs somewhere. I don't think mine has the DSL modem built in, but you are welcome to pull it out and see.
Well, this week has been one of a couple disappointments, but also some really good times. The gal that was supposed to be baptized, we found out that she is only 17 and does not have her parental approval. She was trying to sneak it in without her parents knowing since it sounds like they are kinda anti-any-other-church-but-Pentecostal. We will be meeting with her parents this week to speak with them and see if they will allow it.
We do have a really awesome new investigator named James. He is looking to get back with God and started attending his wife's church about a month ago, but he really is getting into the things that we share with him. We left him with a Book of Mormon and he says he is going to read it in a week! He also has a 7 year old daughter that turns 8 at the end of this month...(hehehe)
We were on the very southern tip of Brunswick last night and were biking home, but decided to swing by the river pier to catch the sunset. It was very peaceful and a good way to end the night. They also had a really old ship that had been restored docked there! Very fun. I didn't see any manatees or otters though like I was hoping. :( I also included our "companionship photo" that we took during weekly planning when we were getting distracted. :)
Love ya'll!
Elder Mac
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.