Monday, February 20, 2012

Baptism in Seattle

Familia-

Mom, much like you, I usually think that I am going to not have much to say, but then I sit down and the words just seem to come.

I forgot to tell you last week, but two weeks ago (Sunday) I gave my first ever sacrament talk in Spanish!  I guess there was some kind of mix up in the branch presidency on who was going to call speakers for the week, and so my companion and I received a call on Saturday asking if we would give a talk the next day.  I guess they thought that out of anyone a missionary should be able to throw a talk together the fastest.  A little bit stressful at first trying to find time in a missionary schedule to write a talk in a day, but somehow it came together in the end. :)

Yes, Marco did get baptized this past weekend!!!!!!!  We had the baptism Friday night, and he was confirmed on Sunday.  His friend (the one that introduced him to the church) did the confirmation.  It literally was amazing to see the changes in Marco's life.  There was something different about him right after his baptism; you could see the change that had come into him. I will have to send you pictures.  The members were a huge part in the spiritual progression and support of Marco. What was great is another member brought his friends to the baptism, so how they were introduced to the church is at a baptismal service. They also came to church and now want to start taking the lessons!!!  MEMBER WORK IS LEGIT!!!!

For service this week, we went and helped our branch mission leader with the building of an addition to his house. Luckily, both Elder Mitchell and I had had a little bit of experience working construction. It felt great to use a saw and hammer again. I really didn't know the words in Spanish for all of the equipment, but by the end of it I had learned a couple more words.  Well those were the biggest highlights I think of the week.

Mom, my knee is still not 100%.  I cant really bend all of the way on it, but at least I can walk all right now.  I think I will have it looked at after my mission. I know exactly were it hurts, and if I had a detailed picture of a knee, I bet I could diagnose my own injury.  I was playing basketball with members after a baptism of one of the Hermana's investigators.  So what I was doing it totally legal.  Also the rule is a hair relaxed. We can now play sports in between the missionaries in our district (6 elders). The problem is 2 of them live way across the zone, and the only time we see them is at district meeting (we were all very surprised when they were called to be in our district)  So usually if we want to do anything, it is with 4 of us.

Elder B. Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.